Thursday, October 01, 2009

Manipulative

Yesterday was Hanu's birthday. Hanu is my fave cousin ......he's my maternal uncle's son and next in line for whatever.....just a year n half younger to me and he n I have always been as thick as thieves. Mostly since we were the only two brats in the family for almost 5 odd years till Koko came along to liven things up. So well, yesterda was his birthday.
And I forgot . I just plain dumb forgot!
And the big deal on that is that all his life, I've never ever forgotten his birthday - I'mnormally the first one to call him and wish - no matter where I am I always call. And I forgot!!!
So I woke up this morning and my first thought was that it was Hanu's birthday yesteday and I forgot. And so, I decided to bluff my way through . I sent him a nice , cheery, well worded birthday wish and also hinted that I'd bought something really nice for him - the idea being that either he would fall for the trick and think his birthday actually was today (yeah I actually tried to do this!) or he would concentrate on the gift but or better still both!
Obviously , he wrote back that he was very angry and upset that I forgot - he waited for my call all day - and he really was pissed.
I still refused to give in and admit that I did indeed .....ahem! So I actually wrote back , askinghim to shutup and remember that his birthday actually was today and the proof of that was that since I never forget his birthday, ergo it must be today and it was he infact who actually forgot and presumed it was yesterday ! (Call me evil farang just go ahead and say it!)
True to his role as an eversuffering younger brother to an evil bitch like me, he sweetly responded with the words ' well everyone else wished me yesterday and i also cut the cake yesterday so i think it was yesterday but if you insist, i'll celebrate again today, i really don't mind shifting dates by a day!'.
I still havn't admitted to ......ummmmm......well let's just say I'll stick to saying he was born on the 30th and not on the 29th. Manipulative me .....
Hanu - here's wishing you a year of joy and a lifetime of happiness (irrespective of yesterday, today or tomorrow) ..... have a rocking year ahead bro!!!

No comments: