Thursday, September 24, 2009

Scrapshots and fragments

January 2006 : it's a cold day and I've been wheeled out of the OT following a nose operation which, thanks to my adamant stance on pain of any kind has been completed successfully under GA as opposed to the more common local anasthetic. Deep is away at IIMA, participating in a variety of competitions, ranging from singing to choreography - the works! I have mom with me but I need Deep to be here , hold my hand , and generally commiserate with my current state.
Sometime during the day, the phone rings and it is him - he's far far away but he's with me. And over a bad connection I ask him to sing for me. And he does.
23 year old Divya lies on a hospital bed while 23 yr old Deep sings to her over a long distance call. I can see it in my mind and I'm smiling.

I'm haunted by his voice (as on the phone , singing that day).

I'm still walking...far away...

No comments: