Sunday, September 13, 2009

Reflections - Thank You

'You made me laugh,
I'm crying your tears...'

I've tossed and turned, been wretched, aching , drowned in my own tears, had my heart drawn and quartered, my feelings scattered to the winds. I've wept and laughed and known not either emotion. I've questioned, debated and argued - Why Me ? Why Me?

All this while, I've known that there are many others who face worse and that 'but for the grace of god , there go I '. But I've now known of atleast one such person who has not only faced far worse, but done so with such courage and fortitude that her very life is a beacon to others.

Thank You. You know who you are. Thank you for sharing her life with me. I now know that there are far greater reserves of courage in every one of us , in me , than I ever though possible. I now know that life is beautiful not through others but through what we make of it. I will not let this pass me by. I will not cry or fall to life - I will welcome each day as it comes and live each moment to its fullest.

Once again - Thank You.

No comments: