Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shadowlands

'In the shadowlands
 Where lines blur
 Where do you end .....where do I begin'

In the shadow of the night
When darkness veils our heart's delight
In the shadowlands we tread
When yearning bridges our great divide

I hear your voice as you call my name
Through thunder mist and shadowed rain
I cleave to you I know not why
For yonder lies little joy and much pain

Yet in this moment I am lost
No matter ill fortune's weary cost
My only anchor a rootless bond
And sibilant whispers from the haunting past

In shadowland's temptuous wanton dark
Beyond the morn-song of the lark
Where do you end - where do I start
When blurs the line, the divisive mark

By word and look I perish here
I heed your call and know no fear
Until yet dawns the daily light
And throws in stark relief - our reality clear.

No comments: